inspiriting you to live your authentic life

Find out what you own

Emotional 𖤓

If we look too close we can miss what is in the background.

She details of her tenuous living situation and the events leading up to it.

"How long into this did you know you'd made a mistake?"

"I knew in the first year," she replied.

"Why have you stayed in the relationship so long?" 


She made a face. Maybe because she was afraid this was her last chance at a relationship. Maybe because she was more afraid of being alone than of walking into a situation that any reasonable person would have dashed from. I wondered if she would find what she owned in the fiasco.

I told her about having been married twice. I told her that at a certain point I realized the common denominator in my dysfunctional relationships was me, and I could only blame ex-husbands for so long. Afterall, we get into relationships to work out our own kinks, don't we? Can't change what is already done. 

Own up. Move on. Make a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment