inspiriting you to live your authentic life

The road between yin and yan


C sent me a note asking for suggestions for quicker progress with some of the things she has identified as issues. Like me, she is trying to go with the flow more and hard charge less (the balance between yin and yang). I couldn't help but think of me at one of my first appointments with my acupuncturist. He made me cry working on knots in my shoulders before doing the needle thing. "It was pain that went into these shoulders and pain that's going to have to come out," he assured me.


After placing the dozen-plus needles in calculated points he told me to relax and "cook" for 15 minutes. As he left the room I asked, "Is there anything I can or should be doing while I lay here?"

He laughed, and said as he exited, "Leave it to you to want to DO something. If you must, connect the dots between needles. Otherwise you could just lay there."

In order to do something I needed to do nothing.

And so I'm thinking about C this afternoon and wondering if after all the thoughtful ground work she has done, if now is the time to sit back and watch herself unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment